The Didsbury Dogsled Derby will be run in accordance with International Sled Dog Racing Association (ISDRA) Speed Race Rules. Copies of relevant information can be found via the links below:
Vaccinations and Veterinarians
All dogs’ vaccinations must be up-to-date.
Didsbury Veterinary Services will be providing a veterinarian and veterinarian technician for the race to ensure that all animal welfare concerns are addressed as required.
- 4-dog (4 mile) Open – $65.00
- 4-dog (4 mile) Purebred – $65.00
- 6-dog (6 mile) Open – $80.00
- 6-dog (6 mile) Purebred – $80.00
- 2-dog Junior Open (2 mile) – $0.00
- 1 or 2 dog Open (2 mile) Skijoring – $40
- 2 dog Open (4 mile) Skijoring – $65
- $10 – 2 mile – max 3 dogs – 13 yrs and up – no purse, but prizes
- Bib Deposit – $5
All Juniors in the 2-Dog Junior (2-mile) race must wear helmets.
The Didsbury Dogsled Derby will accept registrations up until 7:30pm on January 5th.
We require that all participants register,check-in, pay their entrance fees, and attend the Mushers’ Meeting on the Friday night before the race.
A Mushers’ Meal will be provided on Friday, January 6th from 6:00pm to 8:30pm at the Didsbury Train Station. Come and join in the fun. Registered race participants get their meal gratis. Additional tickets for friends, family and folks wanting to feel a part of the racing community can be purchased for $10 each. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door.